- January -- Braces for our oldest and a corneal transplant for my husband.
- February -- Bob is still recovering from they eye surgery. His body healed quickly, but his eye does not regain vision as quickly as he'd hoped!
- March -- Easter comes early this year and we celebrate with a mini-vacation to Virginia Beach for a couple days. What a great respite from the cold!
- April -- As the weather warms, we enjoy some unusual visitors: Turkeys in the front yard and a mouse giving birth in our grill!
- May -- May is always hectic. My husband and I celebrate our 19th anniversary; I direct a drama night for my middle school drama class; My middle daughter turns 13; I turn another year older; my daughters play their instruments in the MS band concert (Violin & flute) and my son makes his debut on the recorder!
- June -- School's out. My oldest and I begin our training for our missions trip.
- July -- On the road: One week in the Dominican Republic; Kids at camp for one week, and then ending the month with our family vacation / road trip from Jersey to Detroit, to Mackinaw Island, MI, to Toronto, to Niagara Falls and then home again. The missions trip was amazing and the family time was so much fun!
- August -- We spend the days relaxing in the pool, playing with friends and enjoying the final days of summer. Bob and the kids even sneak in another road trip to Cedar point while I begin my back-to-school training.
- September -- Back to school: I lose my 7th grade language arts classes and gain 10th grade English / American Literature. Smaller classes; a new principal; and powerful retreats for my middle school and high school daughters. My "baby" turns 10 and celebrates with an ice skating party!
October -- After 17 year working for one organization, my husband resigns in order to begin a law partnership with an old friend. My son begins learning to play the baritone . . . After only 2 lessons, he can play 3 notes and a fart! Halloween is always a fun day for the kids!
Frosty the Snowman & Alien Princess Butterfly
- November -- My oldest turns 15; we are all thankful for God's many blessings.
- December -- 5 concerts in 10 days make the days up until Christmas break feel like a marathon! Bob and his partner finally move into their new office (but the furniture takes a detour to Ohio!)
It’s been a fun ride this year! As always, God has blessed us abundantly above all we could ever ask or imagine!